Cupar Churches Holiday Club Data Privacy Notice
1. Your personal data â what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controllerâs possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR").
2. Who are we?
Cupar Churches Holiday Club is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Cupar Churches Holiday Club complies with its obligations under the âGDPRâ by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To inform you of news, events and activities running at Cupar Churches Holiday Club;
- To inform you of news and events elsewhere we think might be of interest to you, including Messy Church
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public;
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people who come to Cupar Churches Holiday Club;
- To manage our employees and volunteers.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events and activities relevant to Cupar Churches Holiday Club.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious
or trade union aim provided:-
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Cookies and IP addresses
IP addresses are stored in log files and with the registration data. These are treated with the same security and retention as other personal data.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third parties.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal data supplied to Cupar Churches Holiday Club on registration forms for the children and on consent forms for the young volunteers will be kept for no longer than eighteen months after the particular Holiday Club to which it applies.
The email addresses of adult volunteers (over 18 years of age) will be kept until you choose to unsubscribe.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Cupar Churches Holiday Club holds about you;
- The right to request that Cupar Churches Holiday Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Cupar Churches Holiday Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that Cupar Churches Holiday Club provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Cupar Churches Holiday Club at email@example.com You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.